Why is Communication so Important in Marketing?
Tue, Jun 30th, 2020
Can you think of a scenario where communication isn't important when working with a team or another company? We've been in business for over ten years and we've worked with companies that are excellent at communicating, and others who seem to think we can read their mind. As important as it is for a business to communicate with their marketing team, it's imperative that you find a marketing company that will be there when you need them.
In this blog, we'll discuss how communication from both parties will maximize your marketing efforts, in turn, getting the best value for your digital dollar.
Communicate With Your Marketing Team
If you have the mindset as a business owner, "we're paying our marketing company all this money every month, we should be getting better results!" Yet, you won't answer phone calls/emails and schedule a time to meet in person or via zoom to discuss expectations and update content, this greatly reduces your company's chances for growth. To effectively communicate with your marketing agency, make sure you:
- Respond to their attempts to contact you. The longer you wait to respond, the longer tasks could be delayed. Or the agency will use its best judgment on the matter.
- Set time aside for video shoots, behind the scenes images of employees and work that has been accomplished (these can all be on the same day). At the very least, make sure you send your marketing team original content.
- If you have an event coming up that you want to be promoted on your website or social media platforms, give your team reasonable notice. Don't wait until the night before the event to ask if they are available to attend. Odds are, their schedule is packed with meetings and events set in stone with other clients.
We understand the schedule of a business owner can become overwhelming, but it's essential for the growth of your company to follow these three things. If you are unable to do this, assign them to someone in your company who can take on these responsibilities.
Hold Your Marketing Agency Accountable
Communication with your marketing team isn't a one-way street. If you feel like you've been doing the things listed above, but your "marketing professionals" never seem to be available to meet or or return phoine calls, don't let them get away with it. Many marketing companies will make empty promises and tell you a long list of tasks they will tackle for a low monthly rate. But once you've met with them once and have signed their contract, they seemingly vanish into thin air. They neglect to:
- Answer your phone calls and emails.
- Update your website content.
- Take original videos and images of your company or edit what you send to them.
They might build you a template website and occasionally post on your Facebook page, (just so you know they are still there). But they don't even make a dent in gaining exposure for your company. So, even if you are paying a low monthly rate, the ROI (Return On Investment) is nonexistent.
Before it gets to this point (preferably in the initial meeting), make sure they will hold up their end of the deal by getting their "promises" in writing. If they are unwilling to do so, you know they're only trying to make a sale and don't have the best interest of your company at heart.
Master Website Planners
A reputable marketing agency will be upfront with all of their fees and display their services in a clear, concise manner. Communication is something we take great pride in because we want all of our clients to get the most out of their experience with us. If you're paying for a service, our team of experienced marketing professionals don't just complete the tasks, our detail-oriented mindsets ensure projects are accomplished so you're seeing a profitable ROI.
If you're interested in having a marketing team on your side who's honest, dedicated, knowledgable and will produce results... Give Master Website Planners a call and schedule a consultation with one of Southwest Florida's elite marketing agencies!